I'm a Volunteer
Serving OthersFor volunteer job descriptions, click here.
If we could get more individuals to interact with homeless individuals one on one, they would realize it boils down to one human being dealing with another; two human beings with the same needs and the same wants. The empathy and realization has a much stronger impact when the encounter is face to face.
- Each Sunday, Feed the Hungry provides a sit down, four course meal to approximately 500 guests. Each dinner requires 100 volunteers over the course of the weekend to prepare, cook, serve, greet and cleanup.
- A sponsor group, a sports team, a church group, a service club, an individual.
- You and/or your group are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the community you call home. You are looking for a team building opportunity. You may have school or community service mandated hours. Your students are learning about acts of service or social justice. Your group is simply interested in being part of our Feed the Hungry family.
All of these reasons make your organization a crucial ingredient in making Sunday a different experience for our guests.
- Volunteers come to us in a few different ways
- As part of any given week’s sponsor group. This group has priority for filling spots
- A group that doesn’t have a financial contribution can be matched with a sponsor that can’t fill the 100 volunteer spots
- Individuals on our Call Out Volunteer Lists that can come to fill unexpected spots
- Students and young people filling school or community service mandated hours.
- Establish your availability
- Schedule your volunteer opportunity
- Make sure your experience is rewarding and meaningful